Monday, November 5, 2012

The Best Homemade Raw Ice Cream...EVA!

Bella and I


I am still waiting for the paperwork to go through. Paper work that says I'm a Romanian. Paperwork that says I have a current green card, in a sense, it says I'm currently adopted by America. Both countries are not moving fast enough for me:(

Today it was -9 in town. As I drove around running various errands (and getting my neck adjusted, big shout out to my favorite chiropractic clinic in town, probably in U.S).... I started day dreaming about living somewhere where we could farm all year round. The grocery store produce holds no lure for me. I look at it, wonder how long it's been since it was harvested, where it was harvested... how come it's not dead yet?? And then I think about how a few months ago, I was getting my greens from the ground. It all sounds like heaven. A place where we could just grow what we eat, and live without going anywhere else. The whole hippie movement was on to something. Maybe someday I'll be posting a blog from the middle of no where....a nowhere that is my heaven on earth.

In mommy news, the kids are growing. Zaya has a cough that is persistent, and is refusing to go away! I have started him on a new round of echinacea tincture. There are several nasty bugs going around.

Bella has had several allergic reactions. It has me a little perplexed. Her back turns itchy and it looks like she went through poison ivy. I want to have all of us go through allergy testing, she may be the first one we pay to go through. She has also decided that coats and winter gear are not her "thing", neither are socks. I am waiting and watching to see if wisdom comes to her, so far it hasn't. She simply insists, through chattering teeth (read above for temps here) that she is NOT cold!

Isaac is doing marvelous in school. When we eat dinner together, we all take turns telling everyone our favorite part of our day, and our least favorite part. Isaac favorite part was going to school! It is simply shocking! It warms my mommy heart. This is the first time he has ever talked about school....to see him thriving in school is amazing. I will not go back to how it's been in previous years...watching him fumble his way through school, learning very little, dealing with constant tantrums, having to fight with him about going.... Now that I know how it can be, I will not go backwards.

I am going to share with you my family's favorite quick dessert. The kids love this. Rip from this cookbook shared this simple idea on an episode of a show, I don't remember any of the specifics, but the idea stuck and we've added ingredients to make whatever flavor "ice cream" we've wanted! One of my favorites this summer was Alaskan blueberries. I am a junkie for those berries.

So what am I talking about? Our houses version of "ice cream". We simply buy an abundance of bananas in our house (they never are wasted!). I peel them, and freeze them. When they're frozen and we are craving sweets, I pull them out of the freezer and usually we make this version of ice cream in my vita mix. I know that you can use a regular blender, as well.

B'Nana Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip "Ice Cream"

3 frozen bananas
1T of vanilla extract (I love making my own)
1/4 c of nut milk (I use coconut)
2T of peanut butter (yes, you can use a different nut butter, like almond)
1/2-1c of mini chocolate chips
Add caption

In your blender start with all ingredients, once blended add your chocolate chips...it will blend them slightly and give you a great texture.

Please make your own combinations and try them out! For a completely raw dessert, just do bananas!

OH!! also wanted to add, I have a very special lady coming over tomorrow to help me with this blog! I know nothing about how to make it better, and she is willing to barter with me for her talented services!!! I am thrilled and excited to see how we can make it more visually enticing. My hope is also to be able to have access to previous recipes and posts, in categories! We shall see :)

Hope everyone had a safe Halloween! Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment