Saturday, December 17, 2011

Raw Chocolate and Banana Mousse

I am trying to have a more correct blog. By correct I mean that there are complete sentences and appropriate capitalization, spelling, and grammar. This is not easy for me. I think I could have been a great writer in some life. A life without all the things I just mentioned in the previous sentences. I hate the boundaries and constraints that are placed on writing! I am perfectly happy to add ...... in between every new thought. I would be happy in a world without capitalization, paragraphs, correct sentences, and all the rest of it. I do like commas, like, a lot. So feel free to help me move to a more correctly written blog.

I am almost through the holiday season. Eating well, and making healthier choices during this time of year can get tricky. I think the support, or lack of, makes a difference. I bring dishes and desserts to family gatherings, which makes it easier for me, and for my kids, to eat what is more suitable for our eating habits. It can still get a little tricky explaining to my children why they cannot have the processed sweets/foods that the other kids are eating, but overall my kids get over it, and eat the sweets and foods that they CAN have. Such is the way of parenting, trying to guide them make the healthier choices. My greatest challenge with my kids is trying to show them that real food is more important for them (how food makes them feel) than what "tastes" (aka chemically tricking their brains) good. It gets confusing to little ones. How can it be not good for me, if it "tastes" good? My son's are better about eating well. My daughter sees it as the "forbidden fruit". Sigh. It is a journey for our household, I'll let you know how the different steps come along.

My house continues to go through an obnoxious amount of banana's. I made raw banana creme pie last night for dinner. It came out soooo amazing, that i can't seem to stop myself from eating it. I'll have to share the recipe sometime. Speaking of raw desserts. I have been eating them for dinner a couple of times in the past week. I don't even feel guilty.

I made this dessert weeks ago for dinner (it's taken me a long time to post, i will get better about this). It filled Toby and I up! I was satisfied and it left a smile on my face. Confession: I am not a fan of chocolate. Anyone who knows me, knows this oddity about me. Since cutting out processed food, I occasionally enjoy a little here or there. In fact, if my chocolate doesn't come with a berry or fruit, I will pass on the treat. So this came with Alaskan blueberries....and bananas!

I used my vita-mix to blend the following ingredients....but since bananas and avocados are pretty mushy, I bet a regular blender would work just fine


Raw Chocolate/Banana Mousse

1 large avocado
1 large banana
1/4 raw cocoa powder
pinch of himalayan salt
1/2 c of agave syrup

Blend....and enjoy!
Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment